Get creative with your meals and try out a family poke bowl tonight! Here at Four Star Seafood, we are proud to repost this recipe created by the culinary team at Forever Oceans. Make sure you get a balance of various flavors with protein-packed ingredients like Forever Oceans Kampachi.
Choose from a variety of base options, such as jasmine rice, white rice, brown rice, quinoa and more. Mix in some vegan or vegetarian options like mushrooms, tofu or tempeh. And top it off with dressings like miso sauce, sweet chili or even spicy mayo for an extra kick. The possibilities are endless. Let your imagination run wide, and enjoy creating the perfect poke bowl for your whole family!
Forever Oceans Kampachi Poke Bowl:
24 oz fresh sushi-grade Forever Oceans Kampachi fillet or belly, cut into cubes - sustainably raised in Panama!
1 large fresh shallot, peeled and cut into small dice
2 fresh scallions or green onions, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, chili oil, or ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon rice seasoning - like our very special seasoned vinegar to give your sushi rice a rich, umami flavor
*See a list of optional serving suggestion ingredients below!
How to make:
Place all the ingredients (apart from the rice seasoning into a large bowl, and gently toss together until evenly coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Sprinkle it with rice seasoning when serving.
Try enhancing your poke bowl with the following add ons:
- Cooked sushi rice. We recommend out Short-Grain Koshihikari Sushi Rice for the base. Ours is used by top sushi chefs in SF! See more optional serving suggestions below. this is the same sushi-grade rice that we include in our exclusive Four Star Ahi Poke Bowl Kits for Two.
- Pickled ginger. Try our all natural fresh picked ginger or our pickled young ginger, which is handmade by chef Jiro Lin, owner of Hamano Sushi.
- An assortment of your favorite farm fresh vegetables. We recommend sliced red onions, strips of fresh carrot, sliced fresh radishes, sliced cabbage, edamame, locally-grown Brokaw avocados. Shop our current selection of hyper-seasonal produce for all of our yummy veggie options currently available for home delivery.
- Fresh mushrooms. we love maitakes, shiitakes, or golden cordycepts for this recipe. View our current selection of fresh mushrooms here for more ideas.
- Fresh local seaweed. No poke bowl would be complete without amazing seaweed on top! Did you know that we source the best local seaweed for top Bay Area restaurants? Check out our current fresh seaweed offering here. It rotates daily!
- Nori strips. Our toasted nori seaweed sheets are great for shredding and piling on top. Brush each one with a very light coat of olive oil or sesame oil and pop in your toaster oven for a few seconds!
- Fresh wasabi. Our fresh locally-grown Half Moon Bay wasabi root is the way to go if you're looking for wasabi luxury. True wasabi fans will also need our chef-approved professional wasabi grater! We also recommend our traditional pre-grated Japanese wasabi (200g packs).
- Asian specialty miso and more. Shop our full lineup of Asian specialty ingredients to enhance your poke bowl experience!