Seafood and artichokes are a delicious combination that can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes. Whether you prefer shrimp, scallops, mussels, or lobster, pairing seafood with artichokes creates a well-balanced and flavorful meal.
However, it can be challenging to determine what carb to pair with these dishes. Options such as Mancini pasta, rice, risotto, couscous, bread, or potatoes are all excellent choices that can enhance the flavors of the seafood and artichokes.
In this article, we will explore some of the best seafood options to pair with artichokes and suggest some tasty carb options to complete the dish.
When it comes to pairing seafood with artichokes, there are a few options that work well together. We're focusing on fresh shellfish that we offer for local home delivery here in the Bay Area. We've found that our favorite artichoke pairings to match best with shrimp, scallops, mussels, and lobster! But any sea creature will work wonderfully well alongside our artichokes. You can shop all of our fresh shellfish and finfish options here on our site.
Alright, now on to the good stuff!
Here are some of the best seafood options to pair with artichokes according to our master chefs:
- Shrimp: Shrimp is a popular seafood that pairs well with artichokes. You can sauté shrimp with garlic and lemon and serve it with grilled or roasted artichokes.
- Scallops: Scallops are another great seafood option to pair with artichokes. You can sear the scallops and serve them with a lemon butter sauce alongside artichokes cooked in a similar style.
- Mussels: Mussels are a tasty and affordable option that pairs well with artichokes. You can steam the mussels in white wine and garlic and serve them with roasted artichokes.
- Lobster: Lobster is a luxurious seafood that pairs well with artichokes. You can grill or broil the lobster and serve it with a lemon butter sauce alongside steamed artichokes.
Overall, the best seafood to pair with artichokes is a matter of personal preference. However, these options provide a good starting point for creating a delicious and well-balanced dish.
There are a variety of carb options that would pair well with seafood and artichokes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Mancini Pasta: A classic option is to serve seafood and artichokes over Mancini Pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti. The pasta can be cooked al dente and tossed with olive oil, garlic, and parsley to create a light and flavorful dish.
- Rice / Risotto: Another option is to serve the seafood and artichokes over rice, such as jasmine or basmati. The rice can be cooked with chicken or vegetable broth and seasoned with lemon and herbs. We particularly love artichokes with our healthy and nutritious 7 Year Risotto Rice, which has the same nutrient profile as brown rice due to a special patented process that involves minimal processing of the grain.
- Bread: A crusty bread, such as sourdough or baguette, can be served alongside the seafood and artichokes to soak up the flavorful sauce.
- Potatoes: Roasted or mashed potatoes can also be a great carb option to pair with seafood and artichokes. The potatoes can be seasoned with garlic and herbs to complement the flavors of the seafood and artichokes. Check out our current selection of farm fresh, locally-sourced in-season potatoes! We only list the best and hyper seasonal produce, so you'll find that our potato selection is always rotating in line with our local farmer's offerings.
Ultimately, the carb choice will depend on personal preference and the specific dish being prepared. However, these options should provide a good starting point for creating a balanced and satisfying meal. Yum!
Check Out Related Posts