This chimichurri seafood recipe is perfect for a summer cookout with friends and family. The fresh and flavorful chimichurri sauce adds a zesty twist to succulent grilled shrimp and scallops, making it a crowd-pleaser.
Swap those sea creatures out for your fish or shellfish of choice! This chimichurri also works great with our Flannery beef and prime cuts of meat.
Serve with a side salad or grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, cilantro, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Brush the shrimp and scallops with the chimichurri sauce, reserving some for serving.
- Grill the shrimp and scallops for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Serve the grilled seafood with the reserved chimichurri sauce on the side.