Adding slices of creamy Brokaw avocado to your beer battered local rockfish tacos is a fantastic idea to enhance the flavor and texture. Here's how you can incorporate avocado slices into the recipe:
Ingredients (including avocado):
For the Beer Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cold beer (choose a light and crisp beer for best results)
- 1 pound local rockfish fillets, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- Vegetable oil for frying (such as canola or peanut oil)
For the Slaw:
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Brokaw avocados, sliced
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Sliced jalapeños (optional, for extra heat)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Follow the steps for preparing the slaw as outlined in the previous recipe.
Prepare the Beer Batter, heat the oil, coat and fry the rockfish as mentioned in the previous recipe.
Warm the Tortillas as previously instructed.
Assemble the Tacos:
- Place a few pieces of fried rockfish on each warmed tortilla.
- Top the rockfish with a generous slice of Brokaw avocado.
- Add a portion of the prepared slaw on top of the avocado.
- If desired, add sliced jalapeños for extra heat.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges on the side.
The addition of Brokaw avocado slices will add a creamy, buttery element to your tacos, complementing the crispy fish and crunchy slaw perfectly. Enjoy your upgraded beer battered local rockfish tacos!