This poke bowl featuring our sushi-grade Albacore (also known as Tombo Tuna) is perfect for a healthy and satisfying meal.
- 1 lb fresh albacore tuna from Four Star Seafood, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed - if in season from Brokaw Ranch, you can get your avocado from us by shopping the farm fresh produce collection on our website
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup premium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp quality sesame oil
- 1 tbsp restaurant-grade rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Short-grain rice, cooked - amount is up to you depending on how much rice you like in your bowl and how many people you're feeding
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, and ginger to make the marinade.
- In a large bowl, pour the marinade over the tuna and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the diced avocado, diced cucumber, and sliced red onion. Toss to combine.
- To assemble the poke bowl, place a scoop of cooked, premium quality short-grain sushi rice in the bottom of a bowl. Top the rice with the marinated tuna, followed by the avocado and cucumber mixture. Sprinkle sliced green onions and black sesame seeds on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!